Monday, May 16, 2011

First Post

It's been a long time coming that I finally decided to start a blog.  I believe heavily in the paleo/primal lifestyle.  My blog will touch on topics such as paleo/primal, autoimmunity, The pharma/agra/insurance industries and their role in disease.

This blog will also document my weight loss journal along with recipes and pictures of recipes.  I'm a 31 year old male from the new york area.

I've had short term success with Paleo but then I seem to find my way back to the sugar/wheat.

I'm a big fan of Robb Wolf, Mark Sisson, Chris Kresser, Jimmy Moore, Diane Sanfilippo and Dr. Cate Shanahan.

I have psoriasis which is an auto-immune disease.  Modern medicine doesn't have a fucking clue what to do with it.  From everything I've read it's caused by intestinal permeability and/or high insulin levels.  Strict paleo does a pretty good job with both of those.

So this is my first post.  I hope people find this blog informative and entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read more! Good luck and I'm proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to chime in on a few issues that I have. 32 year old male diagnoised with ulcerative colitis, psoriasis, severe acne and on going digestive issues. I started to move to a paleo lifesytle for fitness reasons then bought Cordain's Paleo Cookbook. I was amazed at what I read, all the problems associated with a grain diet is what I deal with everyday. Since going to a 80/20 paleo diet, since I couldn't give up all my favorite foods at once, I believe my colitis has gone away. My skin however has not improved but I figure it takes time. I would love to chat with you about some of these topics. I will look for your contact info and send you my email. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete